It can be very difficult to please people, especially the people you work for. But that doesn’t mean hard work and a solid work ethic will go unnoticed. If you want to make a big impression in the workplace this year, start small. Implement small changes and create big waves. Here are some tips on how you can start impressing your superiors at work, without going overboard:
1. Be consistent: Be consistent with your work ethic, your punctuality and your morals. Even output will also keep you from burning out.
2. Be productive: This is the easiest way to prove that you are a key asset to the team.
3. Make appearances: Prove that you care about your team and coworkers. Show up to extracurricular events, even if it’s just to swing by and say hi.
4. Be honest: Don’t suck up, rather be honest about your needs, skills and efforts. There’s a fine balance there.
5. Speak up: People will appreciate clear communication and brainstorming.
6. Be creative: Show off your ability to be a self-starter.
7. Show gratitude: Kindness never goes out of style. Uplift those around you instead of bringing them down.